Saturday, February 5, 2011

Educational Change Challenge

I watched Education Change Challenge video from Youtube.
It really motivated me to think about our current school system. I think this video explains why so many students lost their interest in learning. Right now we are using the curriculum or method that can inspire and support students' interest or curiosity? I do not think so. We are just too accustomed to the ways that we were using in the past, and many school officials or teachers hesitate to introduce new technologies in school. Maybe there should be so many reasons that they cannot utilize technologies right away in school.
By watching this video, I can conclude that our current teaching system is focused on teacher's side not student'. I want to be a teacher in near future, and this video made me think about fundamental reasons to learn and teach. As educators, we have responsibilities in leading students' inspiration, motivation, creation and curiosity. I would like to quote the last sentence from the video.
" Do I create life-long learns and am I prepared students for my age or theirs?"

1 comment:

  1. You have focused on the most important aspect of teaching: learner-centered teaching. Whether such teaching is done through technology or not, that seems to be the best way to facilitate learning.

    ReplyDelete